Saturday, December 19, 2009

Rajinikanth

Writing about the people, I like , has been there in my mind for a long time. There are hundreds of ‘em to write about. I always wanted to start with superstar ‘Rajinikanth’.
Rajini

I was 8 years old when I and my family were standing outside a heavily crowded theater to watch the movie ‘Thalapathi’.My mom took all of us because , I was so adamant that I wanted to watch the movie.It was very difficult to get the tickets and to see the movie. We did not get seat to sit and watched the whole movie standing.I realized I lost my copper bracelet and the black thick-threaded dollar which I used to wear around my neck (was a Rajini fan..) only when the movie was over.I never really know When i first started liking him, When i became his fan.I was addicted to his styles and mannerisms, and so were kids of my age.’Thalapathi’ Surya is the definition of a Hero , ever since I watched ‘Thalapathi’.

Those days , movies will be screened on DD Channel, every Sunday. On one particular Sunday, I was disturbed because , the Channel was to screen a Rajini movie that evening and I had Half-yearly exams beginning from Monday.I never really cared about my exams , the only concern was my mom wouldn’t allow me to watch the movie.At last I couldn’t.It took at least a week to relieve from that pain.I was in Hostel when ‘Baasha’ was released , I couldn’t watch the movie for a long time, since there were many requests to screen the movie in hostel itself , my headmaster at last agreed to play the movie in hostel itself.The one particular scene ‘Ulle poda’ from ‘Baasha’ made me realize that blood is flowing in my veins and not my biology teachers. On Pongal festive season , which came after the ‘Baasha’ movie was released , had seen me dancing on the streets for any Rajini songs that were played in my place. The ‘Rajini fan’ club youth often asked me to dance for the next continuous 3 days until the the festival was over.Later , they added my name in the Rajini fan club of my place. The Rajini fan club hoarding was placed at the entrance of my place.It had my name at the near bottom. Every time , I crossed that place, I looked at it and I smiled. I never really knew where did that come from.the smile.

When i first knew that he was a Bus Conductor before he became an actor, my respect for him grew more.His Sincerity and Kindness and the unusual way of talking attracts people more.My mom used to say , “You are a crazy fan of Rajini” to scold me , but it always made me feel proud.

He is now the highest paid actor in Asia.Anything which has his name , becomes a hit. And the converse is also true.

Recently , he was near my workplace, the ‘Enthiran’ crew had come to shoot few shots.I heard Rajini was there on that particular day. I waited for about an hour and a half, to have a glimpse of him and say a ‘Hi’ to him.He was in a Caravan van and there were securities to guard his van.When he realized people are gathered to say a ‘Hi’ to him, he came out and said his ‘Hi’ with his own style and a true smile. There was a huge noise.a very huge noise.I waved my hands and shouted a big ‘Hi’. Our eyes met and was in the same ray for about 2 seconds.
I went back to Office with a very high energy.

Often , Rajini name is used with Success, and People say , ‘One has to win like Rajini’ – What else do we need to be simple and to win and to be inspired?

Love you thala.

No comments:

Post a Comment