Saturday, January 16, 2010

The DNA of Humans

I always love to go beach alone. As always, there are no specific reasons, I just like it. Often , When i am alone looking at the waves of the sea and the shining stars on the sky, I get thoughts like who we are? What are we doing here? How tiny are we in this indefinite space and infinite time? these thoughts make me feel that everything else we experience in our life are immaterial. My bank balance, my social reputation, my capability to make friends, my learning curiosity , my urge to succeed, my ability to achieve my dreams , my life - everything looks very trivial, as just a piece of dust , as long as these thoughts captivate my consciousness. This hasn't been just for the recent years - These have been in my thoughts from my childhood.

I often questioned who we are? as Humans. The most convincing answer has been - Humans are selfish social animals.Selfish - because, There is a selfish motive of being happy even in sacrifices.We are selfish because, only, very rarely we are truthful to our moments with others - the spoken word, the given smile , the pleasant sight and shown care and so on.

We are crazy for fame, money, social status , pleasure, power, respect and love. I have never understood why we want to be famous and to be adored by others!!!. even when i am writing this, i wish that i will be famous for writing like this - as a writer. I don't understand why?!(this has to be an inverse exclamatory mark).The entire human race compete against each other for the above mentioned things until they feel that they are in their death bed, and wanting to die.Competition exists because of Comparisons - Often in a day , I end up comparing myself with my friends, colleagues, actors, scientists, kings,CEO's - truly speaking who ever i feel superior to me. We compete because if we win, we will be admired and adored by the people around and by the generations to come, but Why?

To me , This new year started with a hope that my comparisons would reduce and craziness would diminish and my actions would increase.

I wish I only have sentences in my mind , where i am part of only the verb and never a part of noun.

Serenity and Harmony.

No comments:

Post a Comment