Saturday, December 19, 2009

The toilet brush

Do you think you will close your eyes and think about what would have been written here on this title? If so , I cannot stop you. You could be a good friend of mine and could read my mind even just with a title.

Toilets are the most used and most hated place on the earth or, at least at homes. I have seen people who had neither a own home nor a rented home and owning a toilet could have been a big thing in their life.Some of us like to keep things clean and rest of us hate to keep things clean and organized and argue – Is home a museum to keep it clean and tidy and to keep things at places from wherever they were taken ? Individuality differs……..oh crap !- thats why its individuality.

I belong to the first group of people who likes to keep things clean and organized. If i don’t have anything to do, I will pick this task of Cleaning and Organizing things.

I love my toilet and the toilet brush. To clean toilets is the task that most of us would have done at some stage of our life.You can easily relate to what i say in the coming lines. When we are about to clean the toilet , We approach to the brush with hesitation and regret in mind and with a question – Why in the Hell , I have to do this ? Can’t they invent something which is automatic and self-reliable. It will be like a conversation between 2 people where one of them is personally discriminated and avoided even if there are no chances.

The moment we touch it, the first ‘Hi’ begins with the brush. We don’t straight away use it for cleaning. We clean it first making more conversations with it. When it is being cleaned , the hesitation of keeping it in our hands will fade as time goes by. When we had cleaned it completely, We would respect it as if it was one of our own hands. We then use it for cleaning the toilet, now the toilet is in a condition where the brush was before. a personally discriminated place or a thing. with the cleaned brush , the conversation with the toilet would begin and in sometime, the toilet will be clean. It would appear and we would feel that it was one of our own bed rooms.C’mon , I did not say , We can sleep in toilets. The brush will be cleaned again and will be kept in its place……..The brush would be one of those things that we would love to touch until it becomes a personally discriminated thing after a week or two. This is a cycle and so it repeats.

I thought why can’t I clean my toilet with the brush every time I use it. It would just take 3-4 extra minutes but It will stop all the hesitation and regret I will have when i clean it once in a week or two and at the same time, I know , It will also make me happy. Oh yeah – Here is a off-the-topic true fact, If you ever feel depressed , just take an object or a thing which is dirty or UnOrganized and clean it or make it Organized. You will feel better. You might have read my other post ‘Its monday again’ , You know what i do on sunday evenings – my most depressed moments – I spend time in Organizing my things and that makes me better and I will feel, am not a kid anymore to worry about sunday evenings.

When you know that doing a thing makes you happy – Will you not do it? Most of us would do.

Except for few noble people , our minds and hearts are like toilets and toilet brushes. We discriminate them for sometime until we clean them again from their dirty emotions , It does not keep us either happy or normal , It keeps us only sad or depressed. There are many emotions which are dirty and which spoils the serenity of our hearts and divinity of our souls – Hatred, jealousy,ego, Selfishness and so on. We just have to clean them , more frequently , or more appropriately , as and when these emotions occupy our mind or heart.

The most important objective of my life is to to live with none of these dirty emotions.

I dedicate this post to my toilet brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment